Thursday, March 8, 2007

Parsley-Buttermilk Dressing

This ranch-like dressing is super simple to make and adds a lot more class to a salad than the bottled ranch. Decrease the buttermilk to half a cup and add a half a cup of sour cream to make a dip for veggies. In tomorrow's post, I'll tell you how to use this dressing for a great oven-baked chicken recipe.

Ingredients
1 c buttermilk
1/2 c mayonnaise
1/4 c finely chopped fresh parsley
1 T finely chopped chives
1/2 t freshly ground pepper
2 cloves finely minced garlic
salt to taste

Mix all ingredients well and chill for several hours before serving.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 9, 2007 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Susan from Food Blogga said...

Thanks for visiting my site Michelle. I make a similar parsley buttermilk dressing that I love with bitter endive. Homemade dressings are so much better than bottled.

 
At March 12, 2007 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Ellen said...

Thanks for dropping by. I used to make a dressing like this and got out of the habit somehow... Now that you've reminded me, I'll try yours!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home