Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Favorite Potato Shortcut

Paradise Valley All Natural Creamy Mash Potatoes have to be the easiest and tastiest shortcut to mashed potatoes that I have had. I love the ingredient list: Russet Potatoes, Butter, and Salt. No preservatives or additives that take away from the potato flavor. All I had to do was boil 2 cups of water and 3 tablespoons butter (the butter is optional), stir in the potatoes, then add 3/4 cup of milk. Done.

Normally, I need gravy or butter to top my mashed potatoes because I don't really like them plain. These potatoes were so creamy and the butter flavor shined through so well, I didn't bother bother with gravy. A dash of pepper was all they needed.

The second time we made the potatoes. We substituted sour cream for some of the milk and added cheddar cheese and chives. Delicious!

Paradise Valley Mash Potatoes are produced by US Foods. Their website is www.usfds.com

PS I got my box at Costco.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At May 5, 2007 at 9:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, purchased a box of "Paradise Valley Instant Mashed Potatoes" and was equally impressed. Unfortunately, haven't found them in Costco since. contacted Costco and they say they are out of their inventory. I live in Nanaimo, BC, Canada (Vancouver Island) and am trying to find out where else I can purchase them. I am assuming from my net search they are only available in the USA. If you have any other info where I can purchase them, I would be forever in your debt. I am a Mum on the run and they certainly helped. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home